I work for an international company called One World Education. We arrange for students aged 10+ from China and other countries to visit New Zealand and experience school life and the country on short stays usually a week to 10 days. As part of our exchanges we arrange for students to be hosted by local residents and are in the process of sourcing suitable homestays for future students. For suitable homestays we offer $42 per student per night, paid to you BEFORE their arrival. Our aim is to host students in pairs in a shared or separate room ($42 x 2= $84 a night).
If you think this is something you might be interested in, ask for more details and to arrange a home visit. Please note that we require the following of our family home-stays:
• suitable sleeping arrangements (shared room, shared bed made up as two beds ok)
• warm bedding
• bedroom furniture, wardrobe, lamp, desk and chair, wardrobe
• washing and ironing for the student
• 3 meals a day, including a packed lunch if required
• transport to required activities
• transport to school and to required activities
• a working smoke alarm and a First Aid Kit in case of any emergency.